Recipe and images courtesy of Romy London (@romylondonuk on Instagram)
These vegan and gluten-free Apricot Fig Oat Crumble Bars are a delicious and healthy snack that are perfect for any time of day! Made with a quick and easy homemade apricot fig jam and a simple oat crumble topping, they are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike!
Prep time: 30-40 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Ingredients (9 servings):
For the apricot fig jam:
- 340g dried apricots, chopped
- 340g dried soft figs, chopped
- 355ml water
- 100g sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
For the oat crumble:
- 100g oats
- 50g almond flour
- 25g coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 50g coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp almond butter, melted
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chopped dried apricots, figs, water, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens and the fruit has broken down. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the jam to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the jam to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gluten-free oats, almond flour, coconut sugar, and sea salt. Add the melted coconut oil and almond butter to the dry ingredients and mix until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the quick apricot fig jam over the dough. Crumble the remaining dough over the top of the jam.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the crumble is golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the dish for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Get your ingredients at Grape Tree
Save yourself some time and energy and grab some of the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe at Grape Tree, buy online and browse our range of products and ingredients below.
Serving size: per slice, recipe makes 9 bars