Granola bars are packed with energy and are the perfect snack to start your day, grab on the go or, enjoy while outdoors hiking or biking for a perfect pick me up!
140g (pitted / deglet noor or medjool)* dates
3 tbsp Grape Tree Almond Butter
80g Almonds (loosely chopped)
140g Grape Tree oats
1 tsp Cinnamon Optional – seeds and other dried fruit can be added
1. Blend dates in a food processor for approximately 1 minute until they start to come together into a dough form.
2. Toast your oats (and almonds if raw) in a preheated 176°C oven for 10-15 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown.
3. Bring toasted oats, chopped almonds, blended dates, sultanas, cranberries and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and set to one side.
4. Warm maple syrup (or nectar/honey) and peanut butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture mixing well making sure to break up the date pieces to evenly spread.
5. Once mixed, transfer to a square 8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper (helps lift out after baking).
6. Press the mixture down firmly until even and cover with parchment paper or clingfilm and let them set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove from the baking dish and chop into 10 even bars.
8. Store in an airtight container and use within a few days. Can be frozen to maintain freshness for longer.