Carrot Cake Balls
Recipe and images courtesy of Nourishing Amelia, Award Winning Blogger
Easter is a time we see carrot based recipes everywhere! This is a delicious carrot cake recipe, but now we also have this carrot cake energy ball to share which is just perfect if you don’t have the time to make a full on cake, or if you’d like a recipe for a sweet, delicious treat to give you a boost of energy and a load of nutrients too!
The flavour of these carrot cake balls is just spot on - they’re sweet with a warm spice and the most wonderfully soft texture. Just the best with a cup of tea in the afternoon, or for a mid-morning snack.
Ingredients (makes 10approx)
- 2 medium carrots
- 80g oats
- 50g ground almonds
- 50g desiccated coconut + extra for rolling
- 6 medjool dates - pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut oi
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Add the oats to a food processor and blend into a flour.
- Grate the carrots and add these to the food processor along with all the other ingredients.
- Blend into a sticky mixture. Add a dash of water if too dry.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp of mixture at a time, roll into balls then roll the balls in desiccated coconut to coat them.
- Place on a plate and then refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow to set.