Recipe and images courtesy of Romy London (@romylondonuk on Instagram)
Packed with oats, almonds and dried apricots alongside warming spices, these bars are the perfect mid-morning snack to fuel your day - and they’re also refined sugar-free!
Prep time: 20 minutes + 30 minutes resting time
Cook time: 0 minutes
Ingredients (makes 6)
- 180ml smooth peanut butter
- 50ml maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder OR 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30g apricots, chopped
- 30g almonds
- 70-90g rolled oats
- 50g melted chocolate (optional)
- Place the peanut butter into an ovenproof dish and place it into the oven at 150 for 5 minutes. Alternatively, transfer it to the microwave for 30 seconds or until the peanut butter is melted and runny.
- Whisk the maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and vanilla powder into the melted peanut butter. Using a spatula, mix in the chopped apricots and almonds, then begin folding in the rolled oats until the mix is thick and no longer sticky.
- Transfer the mix to a 5x8 inch dish lined with parchment paper for easy removal. Firmly press the mixture into the dish and use a piece of parchment paper & the bottom of a small glass to even out the top.
- Place the dish into the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes for the granola bars to harden. Remove them from the fridge and carefully lift them out of the dish. Cut them into bars using a large sharp knife.
- Drizzle them with melted chocolate (optional) & store them wrapped in parchment paper in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Get your ingredients at Grape Tree
Save yourself some time and energy and grab some of the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe at Grape Tree, buy online and browse our range of products and ingredients below.
|Serving Size Per Bar