Recipe and images courtesy of Romy London (@romylondonuk on Instagram)
These golden turmeric squares are zesty and super easy to make! They’re simply perfect to have on hand for when that afternoon slump hits and can be easily stored in the fridge for up to 3 days - but we doubt these delicious fruity bars will last that long.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Ingredients (makes 9 squares):
For the base:
- 140g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 60g cashew nuts
- 100g almond flour
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- ½ tsp fresh lemon zest
For the cream:
- 80g smooth cashew butter
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Let’s start by preparing your ingredients: Roughly chop the dried apricots and place them into a food processor alongside the cashew nuts, almond flour, turmeric powder, black pepper and lemon zest. Process until you get a thick and sticky dough.
- Using your hands, transfer it into a rectangular lined dish of roughly 5x5 inches in size and cover the bottom with a layer of the dough, roughly ½ inch thick. Best use gloves if you want to avoid turmeric stains.
- Set the dish into the fridge whilst you prepare your cashew cream.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cashew butter with the orange and lemon juice and season with a pinch of salt. Stir everything together until well combined, then spread the mix across the turmeric layer.
- Slice into 9 pieces and you’re ready to enjoy!
- Store the turmeric pieces in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.