Recipe and images courtesy of Romy London (@romylondonuk on Instagram)
If you're looking for a delicious and healthy vegan meal, try this flavourful Tofu Pad Thai recipe! With its combination of fresh ingredients and crunchy peanuts, this dish is a delicious spin on the traditional Thai dish - using soba noodles for a twist.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 3-4):
- 200g soba noodles
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 300g firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 200g bean sprouts
- 30g chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Cook the soba noodles according to the package instructions, then drain and set them aside.
- Heat up a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat with some vegetable oil.
- Add the garlic and shallots and cook until they become fragrant, which should take about a minute.
- Cubed tofu goes in next! Cook it until it starts to brown, which should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tamarind paste, lime juice, and coconut sugar to the pan and stir well for a flavour explosion.
- Add the cooked soba noodles to the pan and stir until they are coated with the mouth-watering sauce.
- Now add the bean sprouts and stir them in until they are just heated through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and garnish your dish with chopped peanuts and fresh coriander for that extra pop of colour, then you're ready to serve up!
Get your ingredients at Grape Tree
Save yourself some time and energy and grab some of the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe at Grape Tree, buy online and browse our range of products and ingredients below.
|Per Serving (Serves 4)