Tahini & Maple Cookies
These sweet, delicious tahini & maple cookies are the perfect afternoon snack with a cup of tea. They’ve got super a unique flavour that’s incredibly more-ish and satisfying! The cookies are gluten-free, vegan and nut-free - so perfect for all.
Ingredients (8-10 cookies)
- 100g oat flour (oats finely ground in a food processor)
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 50ml almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g pecans - roughly chopped (optional)
Prep time - 10 minutes
Cook time - 12-15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Combine the oat flour, buckwheat flour, cinnamon and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the maple syrup, tahini, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour this mixture into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Add the almond milk and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Shape the cookie mixture into cookie shapes using your hands and spread out evenly on the baking tray. Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top of each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. The cookies will be soft when you remove them from the oven but will firm up more as they cool, so don’t be tempted to over bake!