Recipe and images courtesy of Romy London (@romylondonuk on Instagram)
Lemon Cardamom Pistachio Loaf looks as good as it tastes! The lemon brings a perfect balance of sweet and tart with cardamom and pistachios that pair so well.
This cheerful loaf cake makes such a special treat to snack on in the afternoons with tea or as a after dinner sweet.
- 250g plain flour
- 180g golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 100g roughly ground pistachio kernels
- Water of 1 unsalted 400g-tin chickpeas (aquafaba), whipped into stiff peaks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 130ml rapeseed oil
- 120ml coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
For the glaze:
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Whisk together the plain flour, golden caster sugar, baking powder, sea salt, vanilla powder,
cardamom powder and roughly ground pistachio kernels in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Whip up your aquafaba with an electric whisk until it forms stiff peaks, then combine the
aquafaba with the lemon juice, zest, rapeseed oil, coconut yogurt and apple cider vinegar in
a large bowl.
- Slowly sprinkle in the dry ingredients and combine with a spatula until you get a smooth
batter. Transfer the batter to a greased and lined loaf tin and bake at 180 C in the middle of
the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, then remove the loaf from
the oven and set it aside to cool for at least 45 minutes.