Recipe and images courtesy of Romy London (@romylondonuk on Instagram)
Packed with garlicky spinach, umami mushrooms, roasted sweet potato & vegan feta crumbles these brunch wraps are perfect for starting your day on a delicious note - and a satisfying way to enjoy a nutritious breakfast.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 6):
- 200g dried red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 450ml water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed & roasted
- 150g fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 250g sliced chestnut mushrooms
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp tamari soya sauce
- 3 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 60g crumbled vegan feta-style cheese
To serve (optional):
A drizzle of hot sauce
- In a blender or food processor, combine the lentils, water, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Blend until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup of the lentil batter and spread it out evenly with a spatula. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- In the meantime, prepare your fillings and roast your cubed sweet potatoes. Add a little olive oil and fresh spinach to a pan over low heat and let it wilt, then add garlic. Remove from the heat once fragrant and season with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced mushrooms to a dry pan over medium heat. Stir until they release water. Once the pan is dry again, add 1 tbsp olive oil and thyme, then pan fry until the mushrooms are lightly golden brown. Drizzle with tamari and remove from the heat when it has cooked off.
- To assemble your breakfast lentil wraps, spread ½ tbsp vegan cream cheese onto each wrap, then top with garlicky spinach, mushrooms and vegan feta.
- To finalise, drizzle each wrap with a little hot sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional), then you’re ready to dig in for breakfast!