Recipe and images courtesy of Romy London (@romylondonuk on Instagram)
The cookie dough is made with only vegan-friendly ingredients, including coconut sugar and coconut flour, for a deliciously nutty aroma. We have also added beetroot powder for a beautiful colour boost and delicious cocoa to give these cookies their iconic flavour. Simply delicious with or without chocolate chips and a perfect edible Valentine’s Day gift!
Prep time: 15 minutes + 2 hrs resting time
Cook time: 14 minutes
Ingredients (makes 8 cookies):
- 70g vegan butter
- 70g light brown sugar
- 30g coconut sugar
- 30ml plant milk, e.g. oat or coconut
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g plain flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp beetroot powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Roughly ½-inch red food colouring gel (optional)
- 80g vegan white chocolate chips
- Place the vegan butter into a mixing bowl and cream it with an electric hand mixer. Sprinkle in brown sugar and coconut sugar and - once well combined - mix in the plant milk and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, coconut flour, beetroot powder, cocoa powder, and baking powder into a separate bowl, so there are no lumps left. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet whilst continuing with the electric hand mixer.
- When everything is well-combined, adjust the colour of the cookie dough with red food colouring gel, adding only a little bit at a time until the dough has the desired shade.
- Use a spatula to fold in the white chocolate chips, and set the cookie dough into the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 170C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
Use an ice cream scoop to portion the cookie dough onto the trays, leaving 3-4 inches between them to give them room to expand. Gently press each cookie down and then bake in the fully preheated oven for 14-17 minutes or until the edges are firming up.
- Remove them from the oven - the cookies will still be a little soft and will harden within a few minutes as they cool down, so make sure you don’t over bake them.
- Enjoy the cookies as soon as they have cooled, or store them in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
Get your ingredients at Grape Tree
Save yourself some time and energy and grab some of the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe at Grape Tree, buy online and browse our range of products and ingredients below.
|Serving Size: 1 Cookie
|Makes 8 Cookies