Nutty Quinoa And Raisin Salad
There are lots to love about this salad including the sweet and zesty dressing, the fresh minty fragrance and hints of soft and juicy golden raisins. Of course, our favourite is the delicious crunch and crisp texture from all the tasty nuts and seeds! They also provide heart-healthy fats, protein and nutrition. What's not to love about that?
- 185g quinoa
- 940ml water
- 100g raisins
- 50g roasted pine nuts
- 50g sesame seeds, toasted
- 50g sunflower seeds, toasted
- 50g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt to taste
- Combine the quinoa and water in a saucepan bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the raisins to the pan and continue cooking until all the liquid has evaporated. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Spread the quinoa and raisin mixture out on a baking sheet and let it cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix the quinoa and raisins with all the remaining ingredients and toss and serve.