Jujube Mince Pies
Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free Nutrition per serving: 291 kcal/41g carbs/16g sugar/13g fat/6g protein/60mg sodium
Serves: 7 // Prep time: 30min // Cook time: 11 min // Skill: medium
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup jujube fruits- Soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp agave syrup
1/2 tsp mixed spice
Pinch sea salt
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup sultanas
1 tsp mixed spice
1 heaped tbsp agave
Handful jujube fruits - chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 180c.
2. Start by making the filling and combine the raisins, sultanas and jujube fruit in a saucepan and bring to a medium heat. Add a dash of water and leave to cook until the fruit is nicely stewed and really soft. Add in the mixed spice and agave and leave to simmer. Add a little more water if needed.
3. For the pastry, drain the soaked jujube fruits and add these to a food processor, as well as the buckwheat flour, ground almonds, coconut oil, agave, mixed spice and salt. Blend until well combined.
4. Lightly grease a cupcake/mince pie tray with coconut oil and use 2/3 of your pastry mix to press into the base of the moulds. Push the mixture around the sides of the moulds to create a little casing to hold the filling.
5. Add a spoonful of the raisin mixture to each of the pastry cases then, using the remaining pastry mixture, form a flat circular shape and pop this on top.
6. Decorate with a dried jujube fruit and repeat this for the other mince pies.
7. Bake in the oven for around 11 minutes or until golden.