- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked in hot water 1 hour)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or cream
- 3-4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- ??Soak cashews for one hour in hot water and drain. Add to a blender gradually adding the other ingredients.
- Blend on a high speed until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavour as needed i.e. add more maple syrup or vanilla for sweetness.
- Transfer frosting to a medium mixing bowl and place in the freezer for 45 minutes. Remove and whisk. Freeze for another 45 minutes - 1 hour. If it becomes too thick then you can loosen in the microwave in 15-seconds or leave out at room temperature to soften.
- ??It should now be ready to use. Try it as a creamy topping to cakes such as our Pumpkin Spiced Cake recipe.
Storage Store in the refrigerator up to 5-7 days or the freezer for up to 1 month.