Recipe and images courtesy of Romy London (@romylondonuk on Instagram)
“Leeks and beans” simply screams winter comfort food! And comforting for sure - this skillet dish is deliciously flavoursome and cooked with fresh leeks, cooked cannellini beans, thyme, garlic and cheesy seasonings such as miso paste and nutritional yeast. Finished off with melted vegan cheese on top, it’s a true delight to dig into and it’s fantastic served with roasted potatoes or fresh bread.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 stalks of leeks, sliced
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 250g cooked cannellini beans
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 100g shredded vegan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the vegan butter in a large skillet and add the sliced leeks. Sprinkle with salt and stir regularly for 8-10 minutes or until the leeks have softened.
- Stir through the grated garlic and, one fragrant, mix in the thyme, miso and nutritional yeast to evenly coat the leeks.
- Add the drained cannellini beans and pour in the vegetable stock, then simmer for 10-12 minutes over medium/low heat.
- Sprinkle the vegan cheese on top and transfer the skillet under the grill of your oven. Cook at 200C for 3-4 minutes or until the vegan cheese has melted and become golden.
- Serve the leek & bean skillet alongside freshly toasted sourdough, air fryer potatoes or enjoy with toasted flatbread to scoop
Get your ingredients at Grape Tree
Save yourself some time and energy and grab some of the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe at Grape Tree, buy online and browse our range of products and ingredients below.
|Serving Size Per Serving