Recipe and images courtesy of Romy London (@romylondonuk on Instagram)
Creamy, rich in chocolate flavour made using bananas and cacao powder for that smooth delicious texture. Cool down on a hot summer day with your new favourite vegan chocolate ice cream.
- 4 large, ripe bananas
- 80g melted vegan chocolate
- 2 tbsp Cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- 400ml full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Cut up your bananas into bite-size chunks and place them in a blender alongside the
melted vegan chocolate, cacao powder, maple syrup, pinch of salt and coconut milk.
Blend on a high speed for 1-2 minutes or until the mix is completely smooth.
- Carefully pour the mix into ice cube trays and place them in the freezer for at least 2
hours or overnight.
- Remove the frozen cubes from the trays and place them back into your blender.
Blend on a low/medium speed and use your blender’s tamper stick to push down the
frozen cubes into the blades. If your blender struggles, make sure to give it a break.
Blend everything for 3-4 minutes or until the frozen cubes are broken down into a
smooth ice cream. Serve immediately (e.g. as a smoothie bowl!) or transfer to an
airtight container and keep it in your freezer for at least 2 hrs