Natural Dried Apricots & Muesli Balls
Enjoy a guilt free treat with these natural dried apricot and sesame muesli balls that are packed with the goodness of natural dried apricots and organic muesli that make a fabulous mid-morning snack. They are also low GI and low in fat too. If you are looking for healthy snacks on the go then these muesli balls are a winner. They can easily be eaten on the go during the busy morning rush plus, they are a cinch to make with just a food processor. They will last well in the fridge or you can freeze for up to one month.
- 70g Natural dried apricots
- 70g Dates
- 125ml cold water
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 50g walnuts
- 30g sesame seeds
- 150g Grape Tree organic muesli
- 1 tsp maple syrup to taste
- Combine the apricots, dates, water and cinnamon in a saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 minutes or until apricots/dates soften. Uncover and set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, place sesame seeds in a saucepan and toss over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Place the muesli, walnuts and chia seeds in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the apricot/date mixture and process until a stiff dough forms (add a little extra water if required). Transfer to a bowl and use your hands to knead until well combined.
- Use your hands to roll 2 teaspoonfuls of mixture into a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Toss balls in sesame seeds to lightly coat