Valentines/Galentines/Palentines… whatever you’re celebrating you need these cookies in your life. A sweet homemade raspberry jam sandwich between two vanilla cookies, heaven! They’re gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free so perfect for all.
- 200g ground almonds
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil – melted
- 80ml soya milk
- 2 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Raspberry Jam –
- Start by making the jam. Add the raspberries to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for around 4 minutes until they’re nice and soft.
- Add the maple syrup in with the raspberries then mash with a potato masher until a fairly smooth mixture forms. Stir in the chia seeds and lemon juice, then place back over low heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- After this 10 minutes put the mixture to one side and allow to completely cool.
- Mix together the flaxseed and the water. Leave to sit for 10 minutes to form a paste.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C.
- Combine the ground almonds and buckwheat flour in a mixing bowl. Then add the coconut oil, maple syrup, thickened flaxseed mixture, vanilla and pinch of salt. Stir well.
- Slowly start stirring in the soya milk until a cookie dough forms.
- Dust some extra flour on your work surface and also dust a rolling pin. Roll out the biscuit mixture and cut into shapes – I made heart shapes.
- Place the biscuit shapes on a lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to completely cool before this next step! Spread a thin layer of the raspberries jam onto the bottom half of one biscuit and sandwich together with another biscuit. Repeat until you’ve used up all your biscuits!