Spelt flour has complex flavours and a nutty taste that produces these deliciously fluffy golden pancakes. We switched the sugar in our recipe for stevia: a natural sweetener with zero calories. Enjoy these spelt pancakes with either a savoury or sweet topping. We used chopped hazelnuts and chocolate agave syrup.
- 100g Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of Triple Zero Stevia Sweetener
- 1 egg
- 150ml of nut milk
- A little oil for frying
- Toppings – Chopped Hazelnuts, Chocolate Agave Syrup
- Sift the spelt flour into a bowl and add the baking powder, salt and stevia sweetener.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and milk. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until a smooth batter has formed. Set mixture aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil and add enough batter to cover the surface. Cook until firm checking the bottom for the desired colour. Turn over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. You should have enough to make approximately 8 pancakes.
- Serve with your desired toppings.