Valentine's Day Chocolates
Just for you love bird's out there, Valentine's Day chocolates, a little bit of indulgence perfect for sharing with your nearest and dearest this Valentine's Day! This recipe is simple requiring just a few ingredients, a bowl and a heart shaped mould (or any mould you have to hand!). This recipe is the perfect base for experimenting, you can keep it simple like our recipe or try adding your/their favourite flavours. We recommended cacao nibs, candied ginger, chopped nuts, cinnamon, or really a little bit of anything you fancy is good! When you taste this chocolate, you will never buy a box from the supermarket again! Plus, giving a gift that has been created and personalised by you will mean so much more! And of course you can pick up all your wonderful ingredients here in our shops.
- 1 cup of cocoa butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup of cacao powder
- Maple syrup or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or other flavours to taste
- Optional: goji berries
- Melt cocoa butter or coconut oil in a glass bowl on top on a small pan with an inch deep of of water over a medium heat.
- When the butter is completely melted, remove from heat and add cacao powder and mix well. Add maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir.
- Make sure all ingredients are well incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the moulds.
- Place in the freezer until set. Best kept in the fridge once hard.
Why keep just for Valentines Day! What about birthdays and occasions. Its also a great after dinner treat! You can also make a batch ahead and freeze. We'd love to hear from you if you decide to make your own chocolate. Tag us in @grapetreefoods or #grapetree.