Valentines Cookie Recipe
Recipe and images courtesy of Nourishing Amelia, Award Winning Blogger
Valentines/Galentines/Palentines… whatever you’re celebrating you need these cookies in your life. A sweet homemade raspberry jam sandwich between two vanilla cookies, heaven! They’re gluten-free, vegan and refined sugar-free so perfect for all.
(For the cookies)
- 200g ground almonds
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil -melted
- 80ml soya milk
- 2 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
(For the jam
- 200g raspberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Start by making the jam. Add the raspberries to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for around 4 minutes until they're nice and soft.
- Add the maple syrup in with the raspberries then mash with a potato masher until a fairly smooth mixture forms. Stir in the chia seeds and lemon juice, then place back over low heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- After this 10 minutes put the mixture aside and allow the mixture to completely cool
- Mix together the flaxseed and the water. Leave for 10 minutes to form a paste
- Pre-heat the oven to 150oc
- Combine the ground almonds and buckwheat flour in a mixing bowl. Then add the coconut oil, maple syrup, thickened flaxseed mixture, vanilla and pinch of salt. Stir well
- Slowly start stirring in the soya milk until a cookie dough forms
- Dust some extra flour on your work surface and also dust some on your rolling pin. Roll out the biscuit mixture and cut into shapes - I made heart shapes
- Place the biscuit shapes on a lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow the cookies to completely cool before this next step! Spread a thin layer of raspberry jam onto the bottom half of one biscuit and sandwhich together with another biscuit. Repeat untill you've used up all your biscuits.