Roasted Halloumi Fajitas
If you are a vegetarian, and love fajitas then this recipe is just for you! Halloumi cheese is used as a replacement to meat with sweet peppers and red onions, seasoned and then roasted on a tray in the oven. Its super simple and ready in just 20 minutes. It’s a great midweek meal that all the family can enjoy.
- 250g (8.8oz) halloumi cheese, sliced into strips
- 3 bell peppers (I like to use one each of red, yellow and green), sliced
- One red onion, sliced
- Rapeseed oil
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- 8 tortilla wraps
- Toppings of your choice: sour cream (as image) or avocado / yogurt or salsa
- Pre-heat oven to 210 °C (450 °F) while you slice the halloumi, red onion and peppers.
- Next prepare your fajita seasoning by mixing your spices together in a small bowl.
- Place the halloumi, sliced red onion and peppers on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the fajita seasoning over the tray until you have an even covering.
- With a spatula or your hands, mix everything well. Drizzle with a little more oil if needed.
- Place the tray in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway. If you prefer your halloumi crispy, then you may want to extend the cooking time.