Pumpkin Spice Cake
This soft pumpkin cake is made with natural ingredients and topped with a homemade buttercream frosting made from cashews. Easy and super moist this recipe is completely vegan, gluten-free and the perfect comfort cake for fall! See the recipe for our Cashew Buttercream Frosting (Vegan) here
- 70g Spelt flour
- 85g oat flour (made from Grape Tree Jumbo Oats)
- 100g Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin spice (see recipe)
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tbsp Bragg apple cider vinegar
- 190ml Coconut milk
- 190ml Pumpkin puree
Flax eggsCan be used as an egg replacement in many of your favourite baking recipes.
- 2 tablespoon ground flax or chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
Whisk together the ground seeds and water until well combined, then place in the fridge to set for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Mix the dry ingredients (spelt flour, oat flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and pumpkin spice mix) in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients (flax eggs, apple cider vinegar, coconut milk and pumpkin puree) mixing well until combined.
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan with some oil (we love coconut oil for baking).
- Pour the cake mixture into the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool.
- Serve with vegan cashew frosting, chopped walnuts and extra pumpkin spice.
- Can be stored in the fridge for a few days.