Nutty Pistachio & Cranberry Bars
Recipe and images courtesy of Nourishing Amelia, Award Winning Blogger
If you're looking for a quick on-the-go, healthy breakfast recipe or satisfying mid-morning snack then you've come to the right place! These delicious nutty pistachio & cranberry oat bars make a perfect grab and go breakfast when you just don't have time to whip up some porridge or make a smoothie and they're a perfect recipe to make on a Sunday evening for sweet but healthy snacks for your week ahead. Made with Grape Tree oats and nuts they're bursting with energising slow-release carbohydrates and healthy fats to not only keep your blood sugar levels steady but also promote that shiny hair and clear skin we all want! Not to mention these more-ish bars are only sweetened from natural ingredients - dates and maple syrup!
- 120g jumbo oats
- 60g pistachios (roughly chopped)
- 50g dried cranberries
- 40g walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 40g almonds (roughly chopped)
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 10 medjool dates
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Add the oats, walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds to a baking tray and bake in the oven for around 10 minutes until golden brown. Giving the mixture a stir halfway through.
- Melt the coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup together in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add this mixture to a food processor along with the pitted dates and blend until a smooth caramel like mixture forms.
- Add the dry mixture that had been baking in the oven to a mixing bowl along with the pistachios and dried cranberries. Stir in the sticky date mixture until well combined.
- Line a baking tray or freezable container with baking paper then pour the oaty mixture in. Press down evenly using a spoon or your hands.
- Place into the freezer for at least 2 hours to set.
Keep refrigerated and consume within 1 week.