No-Bake Mini Pecan Pies - Vegan
No Bake Mini Vegan Pecan Pies
One of the most popular vegan cakes amongst the team at Grape Tree.
These mini no-bake pecan pies are so easy to make, taste delicious and are a great healthy alternative to the traditional recipe. This version is free from refined sugar, dairy, eggs and gluten. They are the perfect mini treat that everyone can enjoy.
- For the base:
- 60g jumbo pecan halves
- 25g muesli mix
- 75g dates
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt For the topping:
- 30g dates
- 35g premium mixed fruit
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1tbsp chia seeds (to make the chia egg)
- 40ml water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- To prepare the base, place the pecans, dates, muesli base, coconut oil, cocao powder, salt and 1tbsp of maple syrup in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Line 9 muffin trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Divide the base mixture evenly and use the back of a spoon to firmly press into the moulds.
- For the topping, make a chia egg with the chia seeds and the water in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes. Add the mixture to the food processor and place the premium mixed fruit and dates, 2 tbsp of maple syrup and vanilla essence. Pulse until the mixture has a creamy texture.
- Spoon the creamy filling into each muffin mould on top of the base. Use the spoon to level and even the top.
- Top with chopped pecans and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
Makes approx.: 9 cakes