Mini Spinach Walnut Tarts
Recipe and images courtesy of Romy London (@romylondonuk on Instagram)
These mini tarts are extraordinarily versatile they are a great party nibble a tasty vegetarian starter. Fast, easy and better still, delicious!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 8-10):
- 1 sheet ready-rolled puff pastry (vegan-friendly)
- 1-2 tbsp cornmeal or polenta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp flour
- 60ml dairy-free cream
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp walnut halves, finely chopped
For the walnut crumb topping:
- 50g finely chopped walnuts
- 50g finely grated dairy-free cheese
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 190°C (375°F) and lightly grease a large 8-hole muffin tin (or a 10-hole small muffin tin).
- Unroll your puff pastry sheet and cut it into 8 equal squares (or 10 depending on your muffin
tin). Sprinkle a little cornmeal (or polenta) into each greased muffin hole, then gently place your pastry squares inside, pushing the middle all the way to the bottom and allowing for the
sidez to lightly crimp.
- To create the filling, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet and add your crushed garlic and spinach. Stir regularly for about 4-5 minutes until the spinach has wilted completely, then sprinkle in 1 tbsp flour and stir in the dairy-free cream.
- Season with a pinch of nutmeg, then add the finely chopped walnuts and stir over low heat until the mix thickens (3-4 minutes).
- Divide the filling between your muffin holes, then combine 50g chopped walnuts and 50g finely grated dairy-free cheese with a pinch of salt and sprinkle it over the top of your tarts.
- Transfer them to the oven and bake at 190°C (375°F) for 15-20 minutes or until golden and enjoy these Mini Spinach Walnut Tarts hot or cold