Homemade Vanilla-Infused Coconut Ice Cream
A simple and creamy, dairy-free coconut ice cream recipe you can make at home (with or without the maker!). This vanilla-infused perfectly sweet ice cream pairs well with cake, pie or makes a great base for a vegan milkshake or serve on its own sprinkled with all of your favourite toppings!
- 1 can of coconut milk full fat
- 100g coconut sugar or sweetener of choice i.e. stevia (adjust acc)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 50g desiccated coconut
- Chill the can of coconut milk for at least 4hours before making the ice cream.
- When ready, empty the can of milk into a blender and add the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- When smooth transfer to a freezer-safe container with a lid.
- Freeze for about 30minutes, take it out of the freezer and whisk it briskly. Return to freezer.
- Repeat step 5 every 30minutes until ice cream is creamy and frozen through.
- Once ready to eat sprinkle with your favourite toppings such as toasted hazelnuts, cacao nibs, flaked almonds, caramel or chocolate syrup to name a few.