Healthy Spelt Pancakes
Spelt flour has complex flavours and a nutty taste that produces these deliciously fluffy golden pancakes. We switched the sugar in our recipe for stevia: a natural sweetener with zero calories. Enjoy these spelt pancakes with either a savoury or sweet topping. We used chopped hazelnuts and chocolate agave syrup.
- 100g Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of Triple Zero Stevia Sweetener
- 1 egg 150ml of nut milk
- A little oil for frying Toppings – Chopped Hazelnuts,
- Chocolate Agave Syrup
1. Sift the spelt flour into a bowl and add the baking powder, salt and stevia sweetener.
2. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and milk.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until a smooth batter has formed.
4. Set mixture aside for 15 minutes.
5. Heat a frying pan with a little oil and add enough batter to cover the surface.
6. Cook until firm checking the bottom for the desired colour.
7. Turn over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
8. Repeat with the remaining batter.
9. You should have enough to make approximately 8 pancakes.
Serve with your desired toppings.