Dried Fruit Muffins - Vegan
A classic dried fruit muffin recipe with wholesome oats and premium dried fruit that make the perfect breakfast treat, or healthy snack on the go.
Why not make these mixed dried fruit muffins ahead of time and freeze in batches? The recipe can be varied using nuts, seeds, and other spice combinations. Prepare a different muffin for each day of the week!
- 50g oats
- 50g premium mixed fruit
- 25g chopped dates
- 25g chopped apricots
- 50g coconut sugar
- 160g wholegrain spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 250ml soya milk
- 1 apple peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp nut butter
For the topping:
Sprinkle oats, flaked almonds and coconut sugar on the top of each muffin.
- Heat the oven to 200°C or 180°C for fan assisted ovens (gas mark 6).
- Grease a muffin baking tin with coconut oil.
- Mix the oats and fruit together with the coconut sugar, flour, cinnamon and baking powder in a bowl.
- Combine the milk, apple, oil and 2 tbsp nut butter in a jug. Once combined add the wet mixture to the bowl.
- Divide the mixture equally between the tins and finish by sprinkling each muffin with the topping of oats, coconut sugar and flaked almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 mins or until the muffins are golden brown and well risen.
- Store in an airtight container for one – two days, or freeze up to one month.
Tip - Refresh in the oven before serving.