Brazil Nut Pesto Gluten-Free Pasta
Pesto is the perfect way to upgrade your dish – and always make a little extra to keep in the fridge to drizzle over your favourite meals. We have used Brazil Nuts which has added a creamy texture when blended. They are one of the few nuts that don’t require soaking before eating. Plus they are a highly concentrated food source of selenium, which protects cells from free-radical damage and enabling your thyroid to produce hormones.
We have served ours using Ancient Grains Lentil & Quinoa Pasta in penne (also available in rotelle) that is gluten-free, high in fibre and a great plant-based protein.
- 100g brazil nuts
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 20g Basil
- 20g Rocket
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ tbsp Himalayan salt
- Pepper to taste
Method (Serves 4) –
- Place the nuts and the garlic in a good processor.
- Add the basil, rocket and lemon juice and process until all are blended into a relatively smooth but still somewhat chunky mixture.
- With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil, water, salt and pepper until it is combined with the herbs and nuts.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Place the pasta in the salted water and cook about 7 minutes. Drain, Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and stir in half the pesto. Taste for seasoning, If you want the pasta with a more intense pesto ?avor, add additional pesto. Add the rocket and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.