Brazil Nut & Cacao Energy Balls
A wonderfully delicious healthy snack made from Brazil nuts, dates and cacao. These great, filling energy balls will make a generous amount that last you for a few days in the fridge. They are great for snacking on to satisfy a sugar craving, giving you a protein boost before a workout, make a great on the go breakfast, or for those evening snack attack moments when you are desperate for a little bit of something sweet but want to steer clear of any unhealthy options. The combination of protein from the nuts and natural sugar from the dates plus, a rich chocolate taste from cacao will help to slow your digestion down keeping you feeling full for longer.
- 20 Brazil nuts
- 10 Dates (soak if needed)
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 100g Trail mix
- Put brazil nuts in a food processor and blitz to crumbs. Add the dates, maple syrup, cacao powder, cacao nibs then pulse to combine.
- Then add trail mix and pulse again.
- Shape mixture into balls.
- Put in the fridge to firm for 20 mins, and eat whenever you need a quick energy boost.