Apricot & Pistachio Cookies
Recipe and images courtesy of Nourishing Amelia, Award Winning Blogger
These soft and chewy cookies are perfect for a back to school lunchbox snack or an afternoon snack to have at your desk during work. They’ll satisfy any sweet tooth, leave you feeling satisfied and also give you a healthy boost of energy thanks to the slow-releasing carbohydrates from the oats and natural sugars too. The apricot and pistachio flavours are incredible and the colours in these cookies are so perfect for autumn!
Ingredients (makes 10-12 cookies)
- 200g gluten-free flour
- 60g oats
- 50g coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 100ml maple syrup
- 40ml almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 40g dried apricots (roughly chopped)
- 30g pistachios (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
Prep time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Mix the flaxseed with the water and allow the mixture to thicken into a gel-like mixture.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl then stir in the oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flaxseed mixture, coconut oil/butter, maple syrup and almond milk. Pour this into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Add in the apricot and pistachio pieces. Stir everything well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into cookie shapes and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. The cookies will be a little soft when they come out but they firm up as they cool, so don’t be tempted to leave them in the oven for longer than 15 minutes!